A master of the piano, psalterium (a mediterranean Hammered Dulcimer), vibraphone, and composition, Marina Albero is a working musician based in Seattle, leading the Marina Albe ro Project.
Marina Albero started playing music on stages as a child with her family while they toured all around the world playing traditional music and creating new shows. In her early years she studied in Barcelona’s Conservatory (El Bruc) and later in La Havana (ISA), where she finished her classical piano degree with the great professor and pianist Mrs. Teresa Junco.
Marina has been researching in many different music styles such as: jazz, flamenco, early music, andalusie, latin (son & latin jazz)… She loves composing and improvising with a wide personal language carved by her colorful background.
She has played and recorded with several well known musicians and bands including L’Arpeggiata, Chano Dominguez, Pepe Habichuela, La Folata, Mariona Sagarra, Barbarito Torres, Llibert Fortuny, Glen Velez, Lori Cotler, Carlos Saura and Ars Longa.
Since September 2014, she enjoys living in Seattle with her musical family and has added to the local music scene and been well received by her fellow musicians as well as the listeners and the media.
In Seattle she has been piano chair at Teatro Zinzanni in several shows and has been invited to present her music at the Ballard Jazz Festival, Earshot Jazz Festival and KNKX live studios and Jazz Northwest. The Marina Albero Project features some of the finest musicians like Hans Teuber, Evan Flory-Barnes, D’Vonne Lewis, Jeff Busch, Jeff Johnson among others. She has been nominated for the Golden Ear Awards 2018 as best jazz instrumentalist and as best emergent artist.
In 2019, Albero is presenting her first release in US wich includes two new volumes of her ongoing project “A life soundtrack”. One of original music and jazz standards with her band and the other one is made by improvisations on solo piano and duos with Hans Teuber.
• Sep 15th: Solo @the old church, Portland (OR)
• Sep 18th: with Anton Schwartz @Camano center, Camano Island (WA)
• Sep 21st: with Adriana Giordano @Fountainhead Gallery, Seattle (WA)
• Sep 22nd: solo @Vitos, Seattle (WA) (happy hour)
• Sep 27th: solo @Welcome Grange, Napa Valley (CA)
• Sep 28th: Marina Albero quartet with Rebecca Kleinmann @Soundroom, Oakland (CA)
• Sep 29th: with Rebecca Kleinmann @Chez Hanny, San Francisco (CA)
• Oct 4th: Psalterium solo @cafe racer, Seattle (WA)
• Oct 5th: with Jeff Johnson, Earshot Jazz festival @Town Hall, Seattle (WA)
• Oct 6th: With Naomi Siegel @Waterfront CC, Bainbridge Island (WA)
• Oct 8th: Naomi Siegel Band @north City Bistro, Shoreline (WA)
• Oct 9th: Naomi Siegel Band @Sylvia Center of the Arts, Bellingham (WA)
• Oct 12th: Naomi Siegel Band @Rainshadow Studio, Port Townsend (WA)
• Oct 24th: with Jacqueline Tabor @Vito's, Seattle (WA)
• Oct 31st: Trio @Vito's, Seattle (WA)